Skip to content
16 months post-op
lmski posted:
This is a long story. I got along well at first--let's say the first three months. Then I contracted a lung infection, something called pseudomonas. Nasty stuff. I suffered with that for quite a while. I was finally hospitalized because only iv antibiotics seemed to work. It was about six months before I started feeling better, but I still coughed and coughed. My sputum cultures would sometimes show that I still had the pseudomonas. Then in February 2013 I had a horrible case of pneumonia--was flat on my back for about three weeks--lost 20 pounds and was so sick. Finally my doctor started wondering why I always seemed to get sick. They did some immunology studies and ended up deciding that my immune system just doesn't work at all. I just don't have any antibodies to help me resist any germs that come along. So now I am on immunoglobulin infusions, every week for the last month. It's too early to tell if they're working, but I think I'm feeling a little stronger and coughing a bit less. So I don't know what to say about the thermo procedure. I don't think it hurt me any, but because of my particular situation, I can't really tell how much it has helped. Maybe in 6 months or a year, I'll be healthier and able to remark on this. Check back!

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
123 of 153 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center