Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BRONCHIAL THERMOPLASTY
ktlooking4support posted:
MY Team of Doctors are wanting me to do this:
Bronchial Thermoplasty has anyone had this done...
I NEED INFO... BE HONEST.. RECOVERY.. GOOD BAD..
INFORMATION IS POWER.. AND I AM SCARED.
as with the simple bronoscopy and biospies i had major Attack after and re- coup time was 2 weeks and i got re-admittted with acute attack and whezzing from the irriataion of scope..

thanks kt

amcate responded:
I've not had it done, but have considered it. I would be sure that you have asthma and only asthma before doing it (rule out other diseases, like alpha-1 deficiency, obstructive sleep apnea, etc...that can aggravate asthma and have a different treatment to asthma). Right now, I'm waiting for a chance to go to National Jewish to get a good differential diagnostic workup done before doing bronchothermoplasty. In my own medical history, they haven't done a good job at differential diagnosis, in my opinion....though they've treated for asthma well.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
121 of 151 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center