Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need help! Changed Birth Controls and Short of Breath Non Stop
jillyo posted:
OK, where to begin. I was drinking Shakeology for about two months...all of a sudden I started feeling like I was having round the clock panic attacks aka. Jittery, heart racing, lightheaded, etc. Went to the doctor, told her all this but at the time, I did not even think to mention it was the shake...So she was thinking it was anxiety and maybe she should switch my birth control from Seasonique which i was on for 5 years w NO problems to Yasmin. Once I switched BC's I realized it was the SHAKE that was making me have those symptoms, not anxiety. Anyway, Yasmin was hell. Felt dizzy every day and could not catch my breath ever. In fact, I felt like I had no lungs, Weird feeling. So I went back to the doc, they took me off Yasmin put me back on my old one and I still feel awful, breathing still not right, cant catch breath and now when I go to the gym, I feel awful when I come back, like I cant cool down and get jittery. I am hoping this is all hormonal and will level out. I am on week 2 of my old pill (but generic version) and praying I will feel better. I have felt not right for two months. Oh and went to the ER last week cause my breathing was so bad. They gave me EKG, Chest X Ray, Sonagram checked for blood clots, everything was normal. The doctor it may be a mix of allergies, asthma, acid reflux and anxiety! How to I start breathing normal again! Had to stop takign Flo Vent,. reved my heart up !

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
49 of 142 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center