Skip to content
Just had first bronchial thermoplasty!
scope415 posted:
I am severe adult onset asthmatic on 100mg prednisone daily, symbicort, Q-var and Spireva. I was told about 1 year ago that there was nothing else they could do for me. Fortunately one of my Pulmonary docs referred me out of town for bronchial thermoplasty. We wasted 7 months trying to get my BCBS and Tricare to cover surgeries. I was scheduled for first bronchial thermoplasty in April 2013 but got pneumonia and it had to be cancelled! I am now on oxygen full time so I have declined.

We decided to pay for surgeries as I am running out of time. So I had my first surgery yesterday. I felt like it was the worst asthma attack I have ever had. Second day postop a lot better. I have second surgery in 2 weeks. Hoping i will get the results other people are getting. I want my quality of life back. Good luck to anyone going this route.

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
123 of 153 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center