'Tis the Season - Mycoplasma Pneumonae Season that is
sgbl88 posted:
Hi everyone,

I just want everyone to be extra careful out there and be more diligent with using hand sanitizer.

Summer is prime mycoplasma season (one form of walking pneumonia). Mycoplasma bacteria is around all year, but is more prevalent in the summer. That co-worker saying "summer colds are the worst" most likely really has mycoplasma. For the average person, mycoplasma seems like just a "bad cold" and they get over it on there own. Unfortunately, we are not the "average person".

In a utopian society people would stay home when they are sick (or any chance of being sick) and not jeopardize the health of those of us with chronic illness and/or compromised immune systems.

More mycoplasma FYI - if you have difficult to control asthma and have been diagnosed with "walking pneumonia" or mycoplasma in the past, you may want to consider talking with your doctor about Neutrophillic Asthma. This is basically a chronic infection of either mycoplasma pneumonae or clamidia pneumonae (not the same a the VD clamidia). It is treated with a higher than normal extended course of clarithromiacin (Biaxin). I was treated for this in 2010. It is very effective.

Why am I posting this right now? I was just diagnosed with the nasty critter for the nth time in 16 years after co-worker had "walking pneumonia" and various "friends" had severe "colds".

Stay well my friends,
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]