Skip to content
Asthma and now swelling of the feet and legs
Bobbie1717 posted:
I have had Asthma for many years. Recently my Asthma has gotten progressively worse. Now my legs and feet are extremely swollen. My doctor said the swelling of my legs and feet are due to the Asthma. I believe it is called Pulumonary Hypertension.
I know I spelled that wrong,,,,
Does anyone here have this swelling?

cwille responded:
do, but my docs think its from meds, my ankles get real swollen, i have seem to get it now and again, but lately it's been worse, if you are on blood pressure med , some of them will make you do that , that is what my doc is now trying to do is give me something different. good luck, oh and also some of the steroids for the asthma will do it, i was getting cramps in my feet too at one time.

sgbl88 responded:
Hi Bobbie,

Have you been on prednesone frequently since your asthma worsened? Prednesone causes damage to the blood vessels which can lead to swelling of the legs and ankles.

My asthma doctor prescribed TEDs compression socks when my legs were swelling. They helped some. Keeping your feet elevated as much as you can will also helps a lot.

I was having sciatic nerve/lower back issues. When my physical therapist fixed that, my leg and ankle stopped swelling. I don't understand it, but it did stop my leg from swelling. It was very strange.

I hope that helps some.

Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center