Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Asthma,Allergies & Severe Scoliosis
Krystian13 posted:
I'm 20 years old and have been suffering from asthma for over 14 years. My asthma go so bad that my lungs began to shut down and i was put on numerous different steroids. Well finally my doctor put me on xolair to help "control" my asthma. Unfortunately there are two other factors that make my asthma worse. I suffer from bad allergies (trees, grass, mold, mildew, cats, etc.) and I also have severe scoliosis that has caused the bottom of my left lung to be slightly crushed. I feel like i have stressed all the options that i have at home when i have an asthma attack. I normally take 2 nebulizer treatments, take my rescue inhaler, and drink black coffee...and yet i still feel very tired, continue to cough and wheeze. My local emergency room is tired of seeing me in there for asthma problems... What else am i to do?

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
121 of 151 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center