asthma worse in PA
An_253187 posted:
We just moved from Kentucky to northwest Pennsylvania. I had my asthma under control in KY, but since moving up here, it's gotten noticeably worse. I went from using my inhaler once a day to using it 10-12 times a day. Does anyone know why this would happen? Is there something that grows in NW PA and not in KY that would be such a trigger? I can barely walk up the stairs in my house without being out of breath!

choo_chu responded:
The change in climate might play a role. Dry climates and humid climates mess with my asthma. I had problems living in AZ and TX (dry climate) and GA (humid climate). Also, plants native to each area differ. I'm allergic to mesquite tress and in AZ they're everywhere, but in MN there are none. Grasses and weeds are also different in each region of the country. I'm allergic to most grasses in CA and TX, but not so much in MN. Allergy testing, and allergy shots, would really help you out if you think your problems are due to allergies. You're using an awful lot of albuterol, so you might want to talk to your doctor about changing your controller medicines.