Cant breath laying on my back
itsthetooth posted:
I recently learned that I have food allergies in March 2013. Whats funny is how many doctors were pushing me toward sleep apnea. Not that laying on my back is perfectly fine now, but its a hell of a lot better than it ever was. I have allergies to wheat and dairy and yeast. By avoiding those I'm able to somewhat lay on my back, but sometimes get choked up. Its amazing to me how much I hear of all these diagnosis going on, and how food allergies are NEVER considered. In my case, at first I thought it was my tonsils, after a check up and camera down my nose learned they are fine. The only thing left was food allergies.

amcate responded:
I've done elimination diets to help rule out food allergies. You may want to try them to see if you can identify any other potential food sensitivities, if you haven't already.

amcate responded:
I did various forms of elimination diets about 5-7 years ago. I did them for 2 or 3 years in a row. They are various protocols for elimination then reintroducing foods to determine if a particular food is an asthma trigger. A PCP brought up the idea to me. As I mentioned in another thread, I am considering redoing some of them, but with more thorough protocols designed to pick up multiple minor asthma triggers in the food instead of a few major triggers. I was able to determine that dairy products aggravate the asthma.

In my case, the doctors brought up elimination diets to rule out food related asthma triggers before bringing up the possibility of other medical diagnosis aggravating asthma or the possibility of a misdiagnosis.