Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
asma induce exertion
Gerard71 posted:
Hello, I wanted to know if asma induce exertion can could give The same sytoms as using improper breathing technics while excersing. Because i feel like both of those syntoms are alike. And with if I tried using an inhaler to see if It feels better before i do my workout. Can I try to see effects on me! please help me figure out Thank you

amcate responded:
If you have exercise induced asthma, the typical recommendations is 2 puffs of the rescue medicine 20 minutes before working out.

Every asthmatic is different and their symptoms vary. In my case, I have exercise induced asthma that presents with a lot of coughing and coughing up clear, bubbly, frothy fluid from my lungs. I don't have those symptoms when I'm using improper breathing techniques while exercising.

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center