Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bronical thermoplasty procedure
ashtoncove5 posted:
  1. Im so glad to know im not along, I got server asthma in oct 2010 I had nnever had it my whole life, Im not a smoker, I had more energy than 2 people put together, cant understand what went wrong. I had gotten a sinus infection and was told it went to my lungs, it was devisating to me and my family. I went to so many doctors and no one could fix me,it was asthma attacks after attacks for 2 months. my husband took me to a clinic where they kept me for a week got me stablized and refered me to there asthma clinic where I meet the most wonderful doctor and felt like I was finally going to get my life back, the bronical thermoplasty was recommended to me with such hope of beening able to breath again, I have been on high doses of presidone for 3 yeas now seems that is the only thing keeping me alive.the only thing is my whole body is aching now and I feel terrible so I agreed to become a study patient and completed all 3 procedures with big hopes of getting off the prednisone and breathing again. I did good on the first 2 accept the first one I got a staff infection in the right lobe, the second on I woke up doing the procedure hearing the doctor say what is that I had gotton a piece of the metal from the scope in my left lobe, they said it was nothing to worry about, it took along time between the last 2 procedures because I keep getting sinus infections. After the first two procedures I was feeling better, my breathing was better other than the sinus infections I kept getting, soI finally went for the third one,. just so excited I was going to be better and get my life back. Now I can no longer work because I am having constricted airway problems all though the night, I cant sleep, two nights ago I had an attack so bad I really didnt think I was going to get my nebulizer on and get enough air, felt very close to death, I have so much mucus in my thoat I have no energy, shortness of breath is almost more than I can handle, just walking up the steps most of the time is a problem,I also woke up in the last to procedures which was very werid,Im currently still on high doses of prednisone, every doctor I talk to really doesnt seem to have any answers, just not sure where to turn or if im even going to live though this , not sure if the procedures has caused my asthma to worsen just not sure what the next step is. would love if someone could help give me some suggestions. Its so hard to beleive that asthma is not a disability but if u cant breath u die.

amcate responded:
Hi, I'm not so sure I have much help in the way of practical things to improve the asthma since it sounds like you are already with good doctors who are probably covering all the basis. I've heard sometimes mycoplasma pneumonia can be mistaken for asthma, but I'm not sure how reliable my source of information is.

Just know that you are not alone. The doctors don't have a good answer for either.

Helpful Tips

Remember to clean your rescue inhalerExpert
For patients using albuterol rescue inhalers, remember to wash the mouthpiece as directed. The typical recommendation is washing it once ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center