Skip to content
New
biancalthompson posted:
Hi

My name is Bianca. I am 27years old, my birthday is in a couple of weeks. I am new to this group. I got diagnosed with Asthma three years ago. I am never in the same environment each day because I work in home health. I am always worse in the winter months because of the cold weather. I can't let a cold run its course I have to aggressively treat it or end up with pneumonia. Its happened a few times.

sgbl88 responded:
Hi welcome to the community,

Colds are difficult for all of us. We must be aggressive to keep our selves out of trouble.

It must be difficult for you not being able to control your environment on a daily basis. I need to control mine to maintain control o my asthma.

Take care.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

biancalthompson replied to sgbl88's response:
Yes. I guess that is why I have struggled with the control of my asthma. Also I don't know if there is a link between my GI issues and my asthma flares but lately I have more problems then normal even for winter. I just finish a week of 50mg a day prednisone. I have never had to do that.

Thank you
and take care.

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 145 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center