Skip to content
My 3 year old with asthma
stuffyc822 posted:
Hi All, I have been searching for a support group for a while now and just came across this site. It was really helpful reading everyones posts. My daughter is 3 and a half and was diagnosed with asthma at 18 months. She has had pneumonia 3 times and was hospitilized for a week last december and we have been to the ER many of times. She has had countless ear infections, rounds of antibiotics, oral steriods, inhaled steriods, the nebulizer w abuterol, ipatropium. She has just recently been switched from symbicort to advair and as Im reading some of your posts Im wondering if that was the right decision?
I can really relate to how scary and draining this all is. Anytime my daughter has a cold it turns into an attack w wheezing coughing and the like. She averages being sick at least once a month espcially in the winter. No one can tell me why the attacks come or what we can do to avoid them. We have recently just started seeing a homeopath to work both western and eastern medicine and it seems to be helping but not too much.
She was allergy tested last March and everything came back negative. I have her on a gluten and dairy free diet to keep the mucus build up to a minimum.
I feel very alone, scared and just simply overwhelemd and often wonder if I am doing the "right" things for my daughter and wonder if there is some big puzzle piece I am missing??
Would appreciate any help, suggestions or thoughts??

Thanks!

afoxa responded:
Oh I am so sorry your going through this. Mine started when I was 18 months old, when my sister was born. I am 38. Do you have any dogs or cats? I am not a doctor, but for me personally that is what could have saved my childhood, if I was in a pet free home environment. Good luck to you

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
122 of 152 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center