Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Asthma attack.....
medicpeds posted:

I had a bad asthma attack on Dec. 29th and I'm still recovering. I am having a terrible time bouncing back. I have been on prednisone. One course of prednisone usually gets me back on track. But not this time.
I called the doctor and she had me do a breathing test which I failed miserably. She changed my meds. I am now taking Advair HFA am and pm, Qvar am and pm, singulair, proair and duo nebs.
Is anybody having trouble this year? This year has been terrible for me.
It was a weather change that set me off. One day it was 30's and the next day was 60's and raining.
I am feeling a little bit better but I am no where near 100% yet. At least I haven't had to do a duoneb in about a week.
I haven't been able to exercise at all this year and I miss it terribly.

Anybody else having a terrible time this year? What are you doing to get better? What works for you besides medicines?

Thanks

sgbl88 responded:
Hi,
Weather has been a bear this year. I have not had lasting issues, but the days the weather is changing, I feel it.

Don't forget cedar pollen is rising and falling with the changing weather and wind direction. You may want to increase life style allergen control like sinus rinses and being sure to shower before going to bed.

Take care,
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

wezman responded:
yes this has been a really bad year for my asthma do too cold Wisconsin weather.I I had bronchitis every 3 weeks since July of last year which really flared up my asthma I've been on plenty of prednisone myself.Really takes a lot out of a guy!! The fluctuating weather doesn't help either. I'm on advair 500/50 singular Albuterol and thank god for my nebulizer. I missed fifteen days of work so far2013-2014 on my way to see my allergist again. Good luck get better the doctors finally got me stabilized with my medications.

Helpful Tips

help to ease your asthma
been having asthma for more that 20 years, but it took some time for the right diagnostic, they were trying to cure me for alergys, and of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center