Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My asthma symptoms are back
An_256900 posted:
I am 16 years old and I suffered from severe asthma until the age of four. When I was 2 1/2, I had a massive asthma attack which lead me to the ER. When I was four, I was told my asthma had gone away. For 12 years everything was fine. Now 16, I have had the same symptoms as when I was younger. Wheezing, extreme shortness of breath, cough and discomfort in my chest and sharp pains. I am becoming increasingly worried about these symptoms as they are identical to previously. As triggers usually cause the return for asthma, I guess it could be the fact that I walk 1 hour a day in a highly pollutioned area (I recently started walking to school). Do you think my asthma is back and any advice is appreciated.

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing, and chest tightness, pain or pressure are all common symptoms of asthma . However, only a medical professional can tell you whether or not the symptoms you are experiencing indicate a return of your asthma after an examination. Environmental pollution can be an asthma trigger, as well as those listed here . If it is the polluted air that is triggering your asthma, is it possible to take public transportation or ride in a car to school on days when the pollution is heaviest? You should speak with your doctor about what precautions you may need to take to avoid an asthma attack and how best to control your symptoms.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

help to ease your asthma
been having asthma for more that 20 years, but it took some time for the right diagnostic, they were trying to cure me for alergys, and of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center