Skip to content
Does anyone have trouble with shortness of breath/reduced lung capacity?
kevinmay posted:
I've been having trouble with the inability to take a deep breath. I have reduced lung capacity as shown on a pulmonary function test, but my allergist just keeps upping my inhaler dose.

Has anyone else had this problem? How have you dealt with it? Also did you go to a pulmonologist for it or have you had any other tests?

wezman responded:
what do you do for a living ?

kevinmay replied to wezman's response:
I work in a bank.

choo_chu responded:
Did your increase in symptoms start suddenly or slowly over time? Can you look back and identify anything that may have precipitated the onset of your worsening symptoms? For example, a new job, a new house/apartment/condo, change of seasons, etc.

I had a sudden increase of symptoms when I moved across the country from way up north to way down south. It turned out that my worsening asthma was due to allergies. I got allergy tested and started allergy shots. Things are much better now.

kevinmay replied to choo_chu's response:
Thanks, no major changes in my life other than worsening of symptoms. I've had a chronic sore throat that has only intensified this year in addition to the SoB symptoms, cough, and congestion. I've never had issues with weezing though nor has a rescue inhaler ever helped.

ocean100 responded:
I have over the last 6-8 months slowly acquiring Asthma and it's not getting any better, there is no family history of this. I live in Arizona and I am sure that has contributed to the situation.

I have tried almost every remedy that can be found on Amazon and nothing is curing it. I have noticed that when I consume dairy products it is worse. Looks like I have to change my diet as right now everything I eat affects my daily coughing and breathing I want to know if anyone else has had to change their diet and if it helped.

atti_editor replied to ocean100's response:
Hi ocean100,

Are you working with a doctor to control your asthma symptoms? This article explains some of the most effective asthma treatments for both long and short-term control. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center