Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
rights of a asthmatic child
amywalker2003 posted:
my daughter is 10 ans was diagnsed with asthma when she was 7. We live out in the country but we have a neighbor who is constanly burning all kinds of different stuff all the time. We have had to take our daughter to the ER several times! No one up here will help us make case against this lady. My daughter has to stay indoors alot because this lady in burning in her yard property and on our neighbor property. can anyone gie me advice?

wezman responded:
what type of stuff is she burning?if it is old tires and such you should be able to get the DNR involved.did you actually try to go over and talk to the woman yetand explain your situation.sometimes you can actually reason with people but not all people are Not wired correctly!!

amywalker2003 replied to wezman's response:
We tried calling DNR, sherrif, fire dept! They all say she isnt doing anything wronge, but she is contantly burning tires, building material, all kinds of stuff you arent suppose to burn. My husband talked to her and so have our other nieghbors who also have an asthmatic baby and she doesnt care!! She does on purpose to harrass all of us because she has goten away with it for sooo long.

wezman replied to amywalker2003's response:
Im really sorry you have to deal with a person so inconsiderate ! can you get a neighborhood petition going maybe put some pressure on this person from a different angle and get your area representatives involved . Eventually they will have to act due to the fact they see your not going away . "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". Good luck!!

wezman replied to wezman's response:
also look up environmental protection agency [ epa> i really think they would have a word or two to say. god speed this is my air too.

christgirl1963 responded:
in the meantime have her wear a painters mask. our neighbor does not burn tires but they have cookouts etc. since we live so close it comes our way. I wear a painters mask which helps. I get them at Wal-Mart. good luck and GOD BLESS

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
49 of 142 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center