Skip to content
fish oil and petechia
123joann posted:
I don't know if this subject has been addressed or not. I started taking fish oil for my arthritis in my hands. To my surprise, it worked immediately. Within a few weeks I noticed little red spots, some not so little, on my lower arms. When I looked up the problem, I found that it was petechia. I also read that fish and krill oils can cause it. I stopped taking the fish oil and they went away. The problem is that now I have no way to relieve the pain in my hands. Has anyone else had this problem and maybe found an alternative for arthritis pain in the hands?

barbiee88 responded:
I take green tea extract it is supposed to reduce inflamation

veroctopus responded:
Removing all grain products (gluten) from my diet took away all my hand and joint arthritis. I still eat small quatities (at most one slice of bread or equivalent a day), but more means the pain comes back, so for me its best to stay away from it, except for treats/family events. I also took out most of the sugar and processed food, and found my health, breathing and arthritis greatly improved.

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 143 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center