Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Surgical steel (earrings) allergy
T1na1 posted:
Hi, I have had mild allergic reactions to surgical steel earring since I was a child and am wondering what exactly they are made of. Thanks, Tina

Aqua14 responded:
According to this Wikipedia article I pasted below, surgical steel is noted as containing nickel. Nickel is a very common metal allergen, so it wouldn't be unusual for you to have allergic reactions to it. You might want to stick to silver or gold earrings instead, which are less likely to be allergenic.

Hope this helps. Take care & good luck. Judy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgical_stainless_steel

Eloyambres responded:
In your opinion, what can the gold metal detectors help you? In fact, on one hand it can help you to make your road of treasure hunting more fluently and bring you more surprise. Besides on the other hand it can also help people in other fields and aspects. For example by using the metal detector the archologist can know the position of the metal items more clearly so that they wonn't do damaged to teh treasures when they do the digging. And in your daily life if you lost your ring and other metal items. The gold metal detectors can also help you to find it. Really useful, doesn't it?

kemberlysaver responded:
Here detectorall is also a good place to buy a metal detector, and there are different types for you to choose from , There are many kinds of detectors, such as handheld metal detector , safety metal detectors, walk through metal detectors,gold metal detectors, X-Ray inspection systems and so on.

kemberlysaver responded:
There are many types of gold detector for sale in the market, so it is really hard to make a decision which one to buy and whee to buy. I searched the internet for a long time and then I bought a gold metal detector, which is really helpful. And when I do metal detecting outside it can really distinguish what kind of the metal that it has detected and give an indication for me. And by using such kind of device I have saved a lot of time and energy. In a word, I love the gold metal detector and have confidence in it.

kemberlysaver responded:
After using the metal detector I found that it is really a good device, it can not only help to save time but also can help you to save energy. And besides being used for looking for gold, the gold metal detectors can alao be used to help the archologist in finding treasures and used in many other important places as security tool.

saracee responded:
Hi! I think that you really need a professional opinion- I 've been looking for a great website where I can get help from medical professionals and I came across HealthTap: https://www.healthtap.com/#how_it_works/for_members it allows you to ask questions for free to real doctors. This isn't some generic question and answer website... it personalizes your questions by asking your age, current conditions, and medications. I've been asking questions for a while now, and I highly recommend this if you're looking for fast and reliable answers on health issues like parenting, pregnancy, and more!

jimmydetectors09 responded:
Recently, I have read a new online about the best metal detector in schools, most schools think that it is too expensive but they are working on it.
There is a program out there that offers NO COST metal detectors to the school systems. The schools and Boards of Education should see this site.
As far as I am concerned , it is a good idea to carry out this program for it provide security to the students and the teaching staff. Walkthrough metal detector will not take up too much space .

kmykimi replied to jimmydetectors09's response:
Although metal detectors bring a lot of inconvenience to us, they are indispensable for the security of public safety.

Helpful Tips

Naturally Manage Asthma
Put two to three drops of pure peppermint oil into a hot steamy rag then cover over your nose and mouth. It definitely helps you breathe ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center