Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Masturbation and Rhinitis/Sinusitis
    healthconscious67 posted:
    Hi Everyone,

Is there a serious connection between masturbation and sinusitis/allergic rhinitis? I've had this sickness since 15 and what i noticed is that when you have too much of masturbation for a certain period, a sinusitis/allergic rhinitis happens.

skillzthatkillz responded:
    This may be two years late, but I've been wondering the same thing. Done some web searching and haven't been able to find a lot regarding this question; have you found out anything since this post?

nnabugwufaith responded:
    Yes. This also happens to my younger brother who confides in me. In his own case, he suffers sinusitis/allergic rhinitis if he engages in masturbation thrice successively in a day or two. Now, he is now in a chronic stage of the infection.

fitnessfreeko11 responded:
    I too had exactly the same problem. The case was a bit too serious for me as I had allergical rhinitis and my sinuses used to get swollen even after masturbating once. Usually it used to last for 6-7 hours. I consulted many good MDs but it didn't work. But later , I started doing Anulom Vilom and started sitting with striaght spine (all day) and that worked miraculously well.

Helpful Tips

Sports Asthma
    I Have sports related Asthma. I joined the Army and we ran A LOT! the more i ran the better i felt and less my asthma bothered me. i am no ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center