Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
child plays with poop please help!!
imthatdamnshorty posted:
my son is 3 and a half years ol and plays with his poop. every time i put a diaper on him he just rips it off. ive tried everything short of duct taping the diaper on him. and its not just the poop its his butt hole also. he dugs poop out of it and then touches everything. i am at my ends wit right now. and ive tried potty training and thats a no go. please help. and my younger son is learning the same thing. so they both do it

TuckerMomof3 responded:
oh my goodness!! My two yr. old puts his hands down there when I'm changing him but he doesn't do what you are saying. I put a pair of underware on the outside of his pull up so he doesn't get his diaper off so easliy. I sympathize and wish you good luck. How about contacting someone with behavior modification specificially trained in potty trainning? ?? ask around. We have people in our area that come to the house. Good luck.

TuckerMomof3 responded:
oh my goodness!! My two yr. old puts his hands down there when I'm changing him but he doesn't do what you are saying. I put a pair of underware on the outside of his pull up so he doesn't get his diaper off so easliy. I sympathize and wish you good luck. How about contacting someone with behavior modification specificially trained in potty trainning? ?? ask around. We have people in our area that come to the house. Good luck.

imthatdamnshorty responded:
thank you for the imput but i tried the whole underwear ove the diaper and i tried jammies on backwards so he cant unzip them that didnt work onsies that didnt work everything i do is not good enough they both still find a way aroung it

feeling2 responded:
Take him to his pediatrician there maybe some irritant by or in his rectum, otherwise he is giving you a sign that it is time to potty train him. He is almost 4, I know boys are harder to train and it is easier as a parent to change diapers rather than deal with the training. My son was 3 and he didn't want anything to do with potty training finally I got a video of potty training that showed other kids his age using the potty. He watched and learned and conquered in about 2 days. Some kids think a part of them is coming out and they don't like it.

Good luck.

motherofrob responded:
I would definetely ask the dr about this behavior.

MommyDeimos responded:
I am wondering if you ever got any more information on this? My son just turned 3 and he does this multiple times a day. He is also not interested in potty training at all. I just don't know what to do any more, I have tried punishment and explaining it to him and I'm just out of ideas.

Spotlight: Member Stories

~*~Art and Autism~*~ My 13 year old daughter has Autism and Art has been a wonderful outlet for her. It allows her to express herself in a positive wa...More

Helpful Tips

Just Wondering
For 6 years it was assumed that my daughter had ADD, however none of the meds. ever worked that well. She is now 13 and after some research ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.