Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Therapies, treatments
    mom2guys posted:
    Who would be the best person to recommend therapies for an autistic child outside of school. My six y/o is has excellent verbal skills, but his behaviors are the main problem. He is very out of control. In school hes always with a para or teacher so it helps control his behaviors, but for example when out he can only be still for a very limited time and if you let go of his hand for example in Walmart, he will take off running. He holds his stools and will play in them if left unattended too long on the toilet. He has been tested for seizure disorder due to the staring spells and tantrums and this came out negative. Public schools seem reluctant to make to make too many recommendations,and neurologists don't either unless your'e child has seizures. So who would be the best person to see?
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Mom2guys,

    Talk with your pediatrician to see if there is a Behavior Specialist Therapist in your area.

    The school may also have resources, but if not, this Autism Resource may help connect you with someone.

    Please let me know if this helpful,

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Iam living alone with a husband with aspergers, it is hell. He wont accept he has it have been here 30 years but cant cary on i am so alone. He makes...More

    Helpful Tips

    Mom of 21 year old with PDD/Aspergers
    I know that when my son was young I would have loved to hear this. He is now in a four year college and doing okay. Not great but okay. He ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    9 of 14 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.