Skip to content
Revisiting toileting issue
mom2guys posted:
Has anyone found anything new to work on the toileting issues, my boys age 7 and 9 1/2 still withold the poop. Issue isnt so bad anymore with the older boy because he will eventually go on his own. The younger child trys to hold it but eventually puts poop in his drawers. Some days this requires rinsing undies and changing 3x or more. When will they just cut this out, they know how to use the toilet. For the younger boy seems to do it for attention. If nothing else I need to vent it's getting old. Any clue why this is common for autistic children?

Indiaguerita responded:
Like you said, it could be just for attention.

It is common for children with Autism to have trouble with potty training.

I would check in with your pediatrician to make sure there are no health issues going on.

I'm sorry I don't have any tips to help combat this problem. We use ABA therapy for unwanted behaviors.

-Laura

motherofrob responded:
Still working on the potty training issue and my son with pdd is 7. I have done and tried almost everything. I have no advice for you only sympathy. It feels like a personal failure to me, what can I say.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My daughter is now 10 at age 6 she was dionosed with Asperger's Syndrome.let me explain a few things first,she was developementally delayed as a b...More

Helpful Tips

Art and Autism
My 13 year old daughter has Autism and Art has been a wonderful outlet for her. It allows her to express herself in a positive way and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.