Skip to content
Venting...
Indiaguerita posted:
Today my kids went to the doctor because they are all sick. When we got there the secretary handed me two masks because two of my kids had a fever and were coughing really hard.

When we started putting the masks on Ethan (neurotypical) and Luz (neurotypical), Raymond (Autistic) began screaming at the top of his lungs: "I want one!" over and over.

My face turned beet red. Even after we got a mask for him he still continued to scream. Parents were staring at him. It was so embarrassing. Then in the room, he had a staring spell. It only last for about 15 seconds and the doctor, Manny (husband) and I were trying to snap him out of it. When he started looking at us he started giggling and then started karate-style kicking me in the chest and belly. It was a rough day today. I feel like I am losing Raymond...it feels like he is regressing behaviorally. -LJ

mom2guys responded:
My Son Austin Just turned seven and he has regressed in tolieting plus he's getting up nights so don't feel alone. Take a deep breath. I know sometimes it feels like they go backward instead of forward it's frustrating. They can be so brilliant one second and so backward the next.

motherofrob responded:
Ladies I know that everytime we have a bad day I feel bad. My son was sick this week monday and tuesday were bad. But wednesday he felt fine but due to the school policy I had to keep him home. So thursday when it came time for school it was a terrible battle. I ended having to drag him phsically. I was so upset after it was over.

motherofrob replied to mom2guys's response:
If it makes you feel better my seven year old son just acheived potty training. It is so new to us to have him wearing underwear that I am still not sure if i should cheer or not yet. I am cautiously opptunmistic.

PinkBows responded:
maybe hes having a seizure when he spaces out like that. =/

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Daniel. I'm named after my daddy. I was born on august 12th 2006. I am a very Happy, Energetic little Boy. At the age of 18months I was...More

Helpful Tips

ipods for autism
I am an autism specific teacher and this year have made huge language strides using ipods. Check out this video about my students. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.