Skip to content
Autism
bluemoon_46 posted:
I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter who was recently diagnosed with autism. At around 18 months old she all of a sudden stopped sleeping. We would maybe be able to get her to have a 45min nap in the morning, other than that she never slept. I have started giving her a small amount of melatonin before bed, which has helped to get her to sleep, but she wakes up all night long screaming.
I am wondering if this is normal and if anyone else has gone through the same thing with their child on the spectrum?
Thanks in advance.

Indiaguerita responded:
Yes...I went through that. Keep giving her the Melatonin. We have given our four year old Melatonin since he was two. We use the 3 mg dosage for him and it works wonders.

Hang in there...you're not alone. I've been through what you're going through. I promise you that it does get easier.

-Laura

bluemoon_46 replied to Indiaguerita's response:
Thank you so much Laura!! We have been giving her half the 3mg of Melatonin but I going to ask her Dr next week about giving her the full 3mg's.

Jackie

Indiaguerita replied to bluemoon_46's response:
No problem. Stay in touch through the boards and let me know what the doctor says and how it goes for you.

-Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Aspergers 2 years ago. I am almost 26 yrs old.

Helpful Tips

Art and Autism
My 13 year old daughter has Autism and Art has been a wonderful outlet for her. It allows her to express herself in a positive way and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.