Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Autism
    bluemoon_46 posted:
    I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter who was recently diagnosed with autism. At around 18 months old she all of a sudden stopped sleeping. We would maybe be able to get her to have a 45min nap in the morning, other than that she never slept. I have started giving her a small amount of melatonin before bed, which has helped to get her to sleep, but she wakes up all night long screaming.
    I am wondering if this is normal and if anyone else has gone through the same thing with their child on the spectrum?
    Thanks in advance.

Indiaguerita responded:
    Yes...I went through that. Keep giving her the Melatonin. We have given our four year old Melatonin since he was two. We use the 3 mg dosage for him and it works wonders.

Hang in there...you're not alone. I've been through what you're going through. I promise you that it does get easier.

-Laura

bluemoon_46 replied to Indiaguerita's response:
    Thank you so much Laura!! We have been giving her half the 3mg of Melatonin but I going to ask her Dr next week about giving her the full 3mg's.

Jackie

Indiaguerita replied to bluemoon_46's response:
    No problem. Stay in touch through the boards and let me know what the doctor says and how it goes for you.

-Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

when my son was 5 he started school the 2nd day of school i was called up to the school because he hit his teacher by the time I got there he was curl...More

Helpful Tips

Need A Real Online Spell Caster Help To Bring Back My Ex Lover: Wife, Husband, Boyfriend Or Girlfriend
    DR OSAKA showed me what true MAGIC spell was.He helped me get back my husband that was invovled with my best friend from even before we got ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.