Skip to content
Concerned...
HMJ5678 posted:
I have a 6 month 3 week old. I am in the progress of trying to get in with a therapist to help with my OCD, so I believe this contributes to my concerns, but nonetheless, I do have concerns.

At around 4 months of age I noticed that when you were holding him it was almost impossible to get him to give you eye contact. He would give good eye contact from the floor, changing table, etc. (really anywhere else), but not from your lap. Now he seems to be MUCH better about this. If he is tired or focused on something he won't pay attention to you, but otherwise he will look at you when talking, singing, eating,etc.

He does smile, coo, laugh, and likes peek-a-boo and loves to play. He plays with his toys well. He transfers toys from hand to hand, picks them up, rakes them, etc.

He sits up and can roll both ways. He reaches for his toys really well also.

He tracks the dog, cat, mom, dad, sister, etc.

Here is my concerns:
He sometimes will respond to his name and other times just ignore you.

If he gets focused on something he will NOT look at you.

He doesn't really participate in turn-taking conversation.

He does not babble ma, da, ba, etc. He squeals and ahhs, ahh-goo, sometimes ba, raspberries, etc.

I sat him in a water area by one of the fountains that spray out of the ground and he was so interested in the water...I couldn't get his attention if I SCREAMED.

He rolls both ways, but he didn't roll until the beg. of his 5th month, he rolled about 5-6 times for a month. Now he rolls tummy to back everytime he is on his tummy, not much back to tummy.

He doesn't seem to respond to other's emotions. If sister is crying he will laugh and smile at her. Or if I say "no" sternly to the dog or I am having a discussion where I am upset, he just smiles.

He likes to look in the mirror some, but other times he won't look at all.

So, I don't know. I am trying to STOP worrying and let this anxiety go, but I just keep getting this weird feeling. Maybe it is just his personality, or I am expecting to much for his age.

What do you think?

motherofrob responded:
While i agree that your son is very young. I realize that you are having some issues personally with your ocd. But I also believe that if you have concerns you should ask your Dr regarding them. I honestly dont remember how my kids acted at that age. My oldest is almost eleven and my youngest almost 8.

Indiaguerita responded:
I think your son is way too young to be concerned about how people around him are feeling.

He sounds like a completely normal and healthy six month old.

-LJ

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Daniel. I'm named after my daddy. I was born on august 12th 2006. I am a very Happy, Energetic little Boy. At the age of 18months I was...More

Helpful Tips

A real love spell caster to get back ex lover: Wife, Husband, Girlfiend, Boyfriend
What a beautiful and wonderful testimony some time things you don't believe can just happen.my name is Adams Trance. Aam 25 years old i got ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.