Skip to content
education for PDD-Nos fifth grader
mom2guys posted:
My son is 10 y/o w PDD NOS. He's currently in a 9 1/2 classroom special needs room . He has good language and fair reading skills, struggles alot with math.(so do I!!) He would struggle to keep up w a regular class and has behavior problems, although they are getting better. My problem concerns his social interactions. Most of the kids in his class behave sort of the same way. He's in a school with multiply disabled kids. What can I do to help his interactions ? The school he's in is great but limited in areas like after school activities, clubs. His brother is seven , but also on the spectrum and he seems to want friends his age.

motherofrob responded:
Playdates with his peers. Some churches are starting programs for kids with special needs.

Spotlight: Member Stories

when my son was 5 he started school the 2nd day of school i was called up to the school because he hit his teacher by the time I got there he was curl...More

Helpful Tips

THANK YOU DR. AYO
my name is Marisa James,i am From GERMANY I never knew I could be happy again cause my life turned in a mess by my ex boy friend named ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.