Skip to content
granma1997 posted:
I have a grandson that is now 13 years old. He did not start talking until he was 3 years old. He has always talked to himself and answered just like he was talking to another person. has never really been interested in interacting with other children. His interest are computer, sound systems. He is very very smart in both. To even complicate his life further he has been verbally and physically abused by a father that is very cruel. he's no longer in the fathers home but I know that father has made everything worse. grandson is very clumsy so father has always told him he was stupid and could do nothing right. no matter how much we try to build up his self esteem grandson is so negative about himself even to the point of saying he doesn"t need to be alive. Grandson has been inpatient at one facility because he took pills. was a worthless stay.
My question is how do we find a doctor that will spend the time and energy to help this child. He has been to Riley hospital but appointments are sporadic at best., and can be months apart.
this child has not been diagnosed yet but does have a lot of symptoms.
He has an obssesion now wanting the abusive father to die. I am very concerned. Please any information about a way to find a doctor that will see that he gets help is our goal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Aspergers 2 years ago. I am almost 26 yrs old.

Helpful Tips

Mom of 21 year old with PDD/Aspergers
I know that when my son was young I would have loved to hear this. He is now in a four year college and doing okay. Not great but okay. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 14 found this helpful