Skip to content
Do I have mild autism?
iceveela posted:
I have recently known that I am not a "normal" teenager. I love science and art and I am very obsessed with the facts, if someone says something that is not true, I always become defensive, not overly but defensive. I have OCD, I sometimes put items in order, I have done so since I was a child. I hate looking people in the eye, if I do it is usually on the bridge on the nose. I either do that or I literally stare into someone eye (just one, I cannot stare at both at the same time) intensely.

I have always been antisocial, and do not share much with other people except when I am online. I do not believe I have ever had a speech difficulty other than a intense lisp. I usually understand people's meaning, but sometimes I do not understand if they are being sarcastic. I also cannot understand anyone with a accent, I constantly have to ask repeatedly what it is they said.

I always seem to change cultures and races when I speak, I sometimes speak in a stereotypical "black womans" voice, or speak asian, depending on what I am talking about. I often turn southern.

I am also very anal about people touching or looking through my things. I do not need things in a particular order, although I like my breakfast before 10 and lunch around 12, and a few other things.

I have sometimes rocked back and forth and other weird moves, as well as random smiling and constant daydreams.

I am sensitive to touch and light, light literally hurts my eyes, and little things such as the height of my pants, wearing shoes (I prefer being barefoot or wearing crocs), and I am very anal about wanting long hair.

I am sure that I did not have any developmental delays, but I am not sure about that. I was a little brat when I was little, and always kicked and screamed... but as a older teen, I am very tame.

I cannot seem to finish a long speech. I can talk about something very intriguing, and suddenly lose my entire memory of what I said. the same thing happens often, I am very forgetful.

I know I am not normal... I know I have some form of mental disorder. But I do not know which it is.

iceveela responded:
I am Guessing no one has a answer?

mattmom96 replied to iceveela's response:
Parents often have symptoms of autism, but milder and in a different appearance. I have a son with autism, and looking back-I wonder too. I think some people are better at compensating than others and maybe we were mild enough and just worked through things.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i have a now 5yr old daughter that was just classified with autism from the ARD comity. when she was in pre-k she was tested and they said she had a s...More

Helpful Tips

Advice for my Autistic 3 year old
I have a beautiful 3 year old boy, Roy. We found out last year that he is autistic. I could really use help dealing with it. He has 3 other ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.