Skip to content
Just Wondering
arussell128 posted:
I had my son young. He has Autism and I was wondering if I in the future decide to have another kid what are the chances that it too will have Autism.

Worried about the future

wezugo34 responded:
I have a son with Autism. I know I'm no expert but I have another son that is without Autism. I have never heard of Autism being genetic for a fact. I'm not even sure anyone has a real answer for the reason the Autism was developed. I dont believe anything anymore.

motherofrob responded:
Its really hard to say. I do believe there is a genetic component. Only thru some personal experiences thou. Maybe with a new dad I guess I would have to say just to be aware that it could happen again. It would be very sad to just not have any more kids on a might be. Man as a woman that is so hard.

Bioguy22 responded:
I think it various based on several factors. It has been suggested that Autism has a genetic component. Generally, males are far more likely to have autism than females, and different genes may be responsible for Aspergers Syndrome in the sexes. I think that it is highly likely that another child might have Autism.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a full time mom of four and a part time pediatric dietitian at a local health department. I love my children - they are all awesome people. My ol...More

Helpful Tips

ipods for autism
I am an autism specific teacher and this year have made huge language strides using ipods. Check out this video about my students. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful