Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

need some advice
    Anon_236170 posted:
    My husband and I are thinking about having a third child. My son is 4 and has been diagnosed with autism. My daughter is almost 3 and is "normal". What are the chances of the third child being autistic?

Bioguy22 responded:
    I am not sure I can answer that based on what information you have said so far. Do you or your husband show any tendencies of autism? My personal case of Asperger's Syndrome is a de novo occurance, since neither of my parents have it. If your 4 year old son is from a similar case, then I think you don't have to worry about having another autistic child. If autistic traits run in the family, then you might have a greater chance of having an autistic child. I am not a geneticist so I don't have the details, but I hope my advice can help.

Spotlight: Member Stories

when my son was 5 he started school the 2nd day of school i was called up to the school because he hit his teacher by the time I got there he was curl...More

Helpful Tips

Advice for my Autistic 3 year old
    I have a beautiful 3 year old boy, Roy. We found out last year that he is autistic. I could really use help dealing with it. He has 3 other ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 31 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.