Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Autism cluster classes Girl with all boys
trulys posted:
My daughter is 9, just entered the 3rd grade in an Autism cluster class. My concern is that she is the only girl in her class of 7, same happened for the past 2 years. I know other students and in my opinion, there is at least 1 other female student that could be in her class. She has the same teacher and we love that, just feel she should be with other girls, not to mention that she has 4 older brothers and no sisters. What is your opinion and/or experience with this ?

Bioguy22 responded:
I have Autism myself and I know that Autism/Asperger's syndrom is far more commonly diagnosed in males than females. So this scenario isn't unusual. I could see having another female in the group being helpful, since young children may pick on each other. Having another girl in the class could help her adjust to the class, and deal with any social anxiety. I think that another girl in class could definetly be helpful.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Daniel. I'm named after my daddy. I was born on august 12th 2006. I am a very Happy, Energetic little Boy. At the age of 18months I was...More

Helpful Tips

Just Wondering
For 6 years it was assumed that my daughter had ADD, however none of the meds. ever worked that well. She is now 13 and after some research ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.