Skip to content
Aspergers Support Groups desired in NW Chgo suburbs
wifesuspectingaspergers posted:
When I met my husband I knew he was different. My brother recently told me he and his son have aspergers and now I am seeing a LOT of the same behavior in my hubby.

I mentioned the possibility of aspergers to my husband. He seems open to the idea that there may be an explanation for why certain things are so difficult for him. And quite frankly, I would really appreciate some support because it could be my imagination, but it seems to be getting worse in the past 15 years since I've known him.

I am looking for support groups. We live in Algonquin, IL.
Any help would be extremely appreciated!
Thank you all and God bless!!

motherofrob responded:
I would suggest that you ask your husbands primary Dr about Asperbers and if you could have a referral to someone that would know about such diagnosis in adults. Maybe he has some other type of diagnosis, but either way you can find out some information and do some research for coping mechanisms.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

Mom of 21 year old with PDD/Aspergers
I know that when my son was young I would have loved to hear this. He is now in a four year college and doing okay. Not great but okay. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.