Skip to content
Inheritance of Aspergers
An_239517 posted:
My husband and I are thinking of having kids and would like to get more information on the inheritance of aspergers. His brother has aspergers but neither his sister, mother, or father appear to have symptoms. What are the chances that our kids may have aspergers and is there any prenatal counseling available for this?

thanks

Bioguy22 responded:
Hello An_239517. I am not an expert on the inheritance of Asperger's syndrome, but I do know that it is genetically based and tends to run in families. There is a slim possibility that traits of Asperger's syndrome could appear de novo in a child ( I am a testament to this, since neither my mother, father or sister have traits of autism either). If your husband doesn't have strong traits of Asperger's, then I think the chance of your children having it is relatively low. I am not aware of any prenatal counseling for Asperger's but I am sure there are some places that do, if you look in the right places. I hope this helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a full time mom of four and a part time pediatric dietitian at a local health department. I love my children - they are all awesome people. My ol...More

Helpful Tips

A real love spell caster to get back ex lover: Wife, Husband, Girlfiend, Boyfriend
What a beautiful and wonderful testimony some time things you don't believe can just happen.my name is Adams Trance. Aam 25 years old i got ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.