Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help me understand
pheonix27 posted:
I have to conduct an interview with a parent whose child has a disability, for my child psychology class, and I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me?

1.) What experience do you have with serious genetic or chromosomal problems? If so, which ones?

2.) What (if any) impact has been brain development (the bio-social domain) had on your child?

3.) What (if any) impact has the ability to apply intelligence (the cognitive domain) had on your child?

4.) What (if any) impact has affected your child in regards to their psychological and social abilities (the psychosocial domain)?

5.) In what ways has your own development, as a parent, been influenced by raising a child with this genetic or chromosomal problem?

6.) What advice would you give to prospective parents who may have a child with this condition?

pheonix27 responded:
Never mind, autism isn't a chromosomal disorder, I will post on a different thread. Sorry.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My son and I have Asperger's. My goal is to share our gifts from this, rather than being discouraged about how we "don't fit in".

Helpful Tips

Incredible story on Laura who fully recovered from autism
Hi, I would love to share this incredible inspiring video with everyone. The video is on Laura who fully recovered from autism using the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.