Skip to content
eating habits
An_241597 posted:
Any suggestions on how to address the never ending fight to try new foods?
My son is starting to gain weight and I am bracing for the 'cold turkey' approach: "This is dinner and we're all eating it". Tried the touching, smelling, taking one bite thing and was not successful.
He loves carbs and anything fried; no fruit or veggies. It's behavioral not sensory.
Thanks for reading!

jaejae76 responded:
This sounds like glutin issues and I would recommend talking to his doctor and maybe trying a glutin free diet for at least 6 months. It will be hard but the research I have seen on gf diets show that the kids will only eat stuff that is high in glutin. May be worth a shot good luck!!!!

breistl3 responded:
If you have medically determined that this is all behavioral then go cold turkey and stick to your rules. He won't die if he misses a meal. You can also try preparing some of his favorite foods in a healthier manner.

Indiaguerita replied to breistl3's response:
I agree completely with Breistl. That's what we do. If you don't like what I cooked for dinner...you're not eating. End of story.

Within five minutes my son is at the table, chowing down...

-LJ

Spotlight: Member Stories

Iam living alone with a husband with aspergers, it is hell. He wont accept he has it have been here 30 years but cant cary on i am so alone. He makes...More

Helpful Tips

GREAT SPELL CASTER DR. IYAYI THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX HUSBAND (+2347032617285)
Hello I am ROBERTSON ANGELIA from CALIFORNIA, When I eventually found testimonies about this spell caster DR.IYAYI, how he helped many ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful