Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Medication
bkrosson posted:
I have a son that is 22 years old and was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3. He has done remarkably well in school. He graduated from High School and has now graduated from Junior college as an honor graduate. It has not been easy but he has overcome many obstacles to achieve these goals. He also drives a car and is very independent. I do have one issue that bothers me and that is his time management. He is currently taking luvox for his obsessive/compulsive behavior. He is extremely slow at getting around in the morning as well as does not see the importance of time management.

I am wondering if there is a medication that can help him with quickness. We have taken him off of luvox because it tends to make him lethargic. He needs to get around quicker and realize the importance of time. We have worked with him for years on this, but it is an area that we struggle with daily. Can anyone help?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My daughter is now 10 at age 6 she was dionosed with Asperger's Syndrome.let me explain a few things first,she was developementally delayed as a b...More

Helpful Tips

Just Wondering
For 6 years it was assumed that my daughter had ADD, however none of the meds. ever worked that well. She is now 13 and after some research ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.