Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
autism
An_243197 posted:
My son is 16yrs old he is autistic and I feel he is a wonderful person I like to call him my personal calculater he is very intelligent but still the autism is there we deal with it step by step he is with me every where Igo .And he is full of love some people think autistic children can not love this is a farse .as with any other child love has to be learnt.What you teach caccauseyour child is what he will become Iam proud to say my son was taught with kindness.Never think you teach them different because they are autistic teach them as you would any other child .Ihave a son who is 35yrsold he has cerbal palsey and grand mal seizures since he was 3 months old GOD had given me lots of patients before my son with autism came along 19teen years later they are loving they are caring they are kind be they know I hear what they say Irespect their opions .It is true you will devote your time to them but what a time you will have and the love you feel from someone who needs you so is a blessing in its self Ihope this helps someone who has this blessing Ihave to know we are blessed with these children give them your time they already have our hearts!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Have Asperger syndrome and encopresis.

Helpful Tips

Just Wondering
For 6 years it was assumed that my daughter had ADD, however none of the meds. ever worked that well. She is now 13 and after some research ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.