Skip to content
Do I reward or not reward ?
topazandme posted:
I take care of an adult with mild autism who has very good days and then when stresses out, he hits his head on the wall, blood mess today, smacks fist on the table. He has been told he cannot visit at home when he has this bad behavior. I take our other residents who I care for on outings...My adult with autism had a very bad day today and now insist I let him go on our next outing even tho he cannot visit his parents this week.. He was banned from going home this weekend to visit family. I say he needs to learn from his mistakes and NOT go with the rest of us this weekend...I'm afraid if I say no, he will injure himself again..How do I deal with this ? Please help. Thanks.

luvmyautisticchild responded:
people with autism CANNOT be punished in ways that the rest of us understand. they feel an increased detatchment from social situations on a regular basis. not taking him on the outing is reinforcing his bad behavior. instead of taking things away when he is bad, give him extra when he is good. you will find he responds to this better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Daniel. I'm named after my daddy. I was born on august 12th 2006. I am a very Happy, Energetic little Boy. At the age of 18months I was...More

Helpful Tips

A real love spell caster to get back ex lover: Wife, Husband, Girlfiend, Boyfriend
What a beautiful and wonderful testimony some time things you don't believe can just happen.my name is Adams Trance. Aam 25 years old i got ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.