Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Caregivers different attitudes
    memekk posted:
    My 6yo grandson has Autism I think. Symptoms and behaviors are there.
    Mother is in denial...problem yes but he needs me! She babies him, one-on-one only. sippy-cups, and carries, cuddles and does not treat him as a 6 yo at all. However, when he is at his father's or any of our family, we treat him as a 6yo w/ a concern. We attempt to work w/ it w/o "babying" but at a level we have found that he responds too. She has Primary Care at this time. Dr.has perscribed Adderall for him. Yes, a difference but.....
    He is very smart and has an internal clock that can go w/ days not just hrs. but short-term clock reading is not possible YET.
    What magic words can my son say that will get court to order assessmet?

Spotlight: Member Stories

PERFECT WORKS FROM DR SHAKAR FOR BRINGING MY HUSBAND BACK TO ME. To me After God its Dr Shakar, He has been given powers and chosen by God to liberate...More

Helpful Tips

Advice for my Autistic 3 year old
    I have a beautiful 3 year old boy, Roy. We found out last year that he is autistic. I could really use help dealing with it. He has 3 other ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 31 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.