Skip to content
Aspergers
loree3636 posted:
I am a 44 yr old mom of a 21 yr old, i always knew since he was a baby that he was diffrent than most children. No eye contact as a young child very difficult in everything he never watched tv till he was around 66 yrs of age. very high anxiety and little things went right over his head and jokes he never laughted even to this day My problem is that he can't hold a job and it's everybody's fault he has a hard time taking oorders. Ive tried getting him social security but they say hes not bad eenough. My son will not take any medication because of the way it makes him feel.He has never been diagnoised with aspergers but omg it sounds just like him the more i read please someone help me and tell me where to go from here.

sara0914 responded:
I have a 21 year old also and he has been diagnosed with high functioning autism and oppositional too. I applied for disabilitiy and they denied it. I then talked to my councelor and she said to try a lawyer who specializes in this. His office told me that i needed to reapply and wait for the letter of denial..At that point it is time to go back and see if i have a case or not..Take what ever reports that are updated and hope you have enough documentation for this.and hope it works out. There are many places that will give a disabled person work experience and also placement if the on the job traiining works out.It does help if the people he is placed with know about the disability ..We have been lucky ..Also go to vocational rehab in your area..That is where you should be able to get the resources for experience in trying to work..It can be done..Just takes a lot of effort..Good Luck..sincerely,Sara

Spotlight: Member Stories

Our son is 6 1/2 years old and was diagnosed with pdd-nos and mood disorder nos at 2 years old. We also have two other boys ages five and four. PDD-NO...More

Helpful Tips

ipods for autism
I am an autism specific teacher and this year have made huge language strides using ipods. Check out this video about my students. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.