Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
can/did your autistic child speak in sentences at three and a half years, although still delayed in speech compared to typical children of the same age.
An_247206 posted:

Take the Poll

How does/did your autistic child speak at age 3-4 years
  • Did not speak at all
  • only used single words or echolalia
  • spoke in short sentences and had lots of words
  • could hold a conversation
vote
View Poll Results

bjlarge8 responded:
?. has u took the to a speech theapery.. cause they have been workin with my child that is autistic 3 year and hes 5 year old now .. at 3 he just said a few word and point but know after speech and a ot and other help he has took off talkin but still workin on touch with him .. it take time just have to be there with them til they take off.. were still work with my son but u know there really smart and also have a good memory.. but if u need to know anything else. just let me know..

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

ipods for autism
I am an autism specific teacher and this year have made huge language strides using ipods. Check out this video about my students. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.