Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NOT ALL Aspies are created equal!!
An_248661 posted:
I'm so saddened to read all these different posts telling people to STAY THE HELL AWAY from an aspie, run while you can, GET OUT!. Holy! This is a bit rediculous. No aspie is identical to the next the same as any other non=aspie man is the same to another. It's so sad for people to come onto this website and see all these warnings to others. Seriously? It makes no sense at all!! NO TWO PEOPLE ARE ALIKE!

My aspie is amazing. He's changed my world for the better. He's sweet, he's kind, he's genuine, he's soooo smart, he DOES care for my welfare - how I feel, if I'm eating well, etc. He makes my life so much more easier. He's a wonderful man. NEVER would I straight out tell someone not to date someone of a specific stereotype. That's just so WRONG! Especially an Aspie man. This man changed my life. He makes me want to be a better person. I know he's different but I find this endearing. I love him and yes, he loves me back. An aspie CAN find love in a relationship the same as anyone else. It may take a little longer but let me tell you, when it happens it's magic. I love my magic.

Please, don't EVER dismiss dating an aspie simply because he's an aspie. You could be missing out on the best time of your life.

francess84 responded:
Well said. I'm a High-Function Autistic and I was so hurt by those posts. My husband tells me every day that he loves me. I frequently ask if what I put him through is worth it, that I'll leave if it makes him happy (though I don't want to). He always responds demanding that I am to never leave him and I don't make him suffer or make his life worse.

Those posts were hurtful and made me feel like i had to leave my family for their own good. I'm pleased to read your post saying that it's not like that for everyone. Thank you.

I have also just discovered a friend of mine is an aspie and he is awesome. he too is kind, genuine, smart and caring. You wouldn't find a more compassionate man. It's just not so black and white.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My daughter is now 10 at age 6 she was dionosed with Asperger's Syndrome.let me explain a few things first,she was developementally delayed as a b...More

Helpful Tips

weight compression vests for calming child
check out site www.autisticvest.com a full 4 pounds of weight in secure pockets sleek vest looks and feels like clothing. "No boxey" ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.