Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wondering
surfnbb0105 posted:
I have a 17 month old son and after it being brought to my attention and doing some research I'm wondering if he could have autism. He does interact with other kids. But he will do the head banging, lacks vocabulary for his age,obsession with lights everywhere we go, staring and them and flipping them on and off. I wondered if anyone had experienced this with their children who have been diagnosed with autism. He shows no interest in television, even if its a cartoon set for his age group. He loves music and dancing, he responds to our requests,(asking him to put things back, stop banging on the window, etc). But his lack of speech and the sounds he does make have me concerned. He has a dr's appt on the 27 of next month and I'm going to raise the question with his dr. But I would like to have input from folks with first hand experience. Thanks!

ProudAspyMom responded:
How did the Dr's appt. go?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Our son is 6 1/2 years old and was diagnosed with pdd-nos and mood disorder nos at 2 years old. We also have two other boys ages five and four. PDD-NO...More

Helpful Tips

Incredible story on Laura who fully recovered from autism
Hi, I would love to share this incredible inspiring video with everyone. The video is on Laura who fully recovered from autism using the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.