Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Advice Needed
An_250649 posted:
I have been reading the stories and have found it comforting to feel that I'm not the only one who has been going through this. I have been with my partner for seven years and married for neally three. At times he agrees that he has autism but has never been formally diagnosed. The behaviour I am reading is exactly the characteristics that he displays. When I try to communicate when there is an apparent issue in our relationships he can never look me in the eye, gets distracted by a newspaper, television, turns his back to me or simply starts laughing at me. When I ask when we can have a discussion he says he doesn't want too or not now. There never seems to be an appropriate time. This makes me so very upset that I usually start crying and then he proceeds to tell me that I have a mental issue and I need help. Expressing how I am feeling doesn't seem to matter. Most of the time he goes of on a tangent and doesn't let me finish my sentences and simply doesn't seem interested. I simply don't know how I can try and get him to listen. I keep trying harder and that seems to make him more frustrated that he has threatened to leave me which makes me even more upset. I love him very much and want to be with him and just want to make things better. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a loving mother of 2. One is 5 and has developmental problems, the other is 6 months and has well surpassed all of her developmental milestone...More

Helpful Tips

weight compression vests for calming child
check out site www.autisticvest.com a full 4 pounds of weight in secure pockets sleek vest looks and feels like clothing. "No boxey" ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.