Skip to content
Do you think my boyfriend has Aspergers? Help...Warning;;This is going to be long sorry.
hannahM0100 posted:
Ok I have been with my boyfriend 4 years. I am now 19 and he is 21. I met him because we texted after meeting once.A few months later he went to juvy so we wrote eachother for a year. Finally he got out so we dated. I realized he was different. He was very shy but so was I so I thought it was normal. His mother is a drug addict and he doesn't know his father. I found out he was diagnosed with conduct disorder and ADD. I'm not a dr but I think this is wrong. His mother pushed something anything for a $500 check everymonth..don't get me started on that >...
ok reasons I think he has aspergers... He does not show emotion. He seems ruthless. He makes me cry and really shows no emotion. Just one example from many: I work at a nursing home, had a terrible day, came home bawling and spent twenty minutes telling him everythinh that happened. He said nothing. He then put his hand on his stomach and said I'm starved will you cook a pizza. He doesn't show he cares about me but I know he does, he just doesn't know how to show it.. He has made me cry and I thought he didn't care because he wasnt say anything and I realized he was on the bed acting like he was sleeping but he was crying because he felt bad he made me cry but he wont come out and say sorry or anything.
Friends. He has had the same 2 friends hes had since 1st grade. He won't make new friends, He doesnt want new friends.
Death. I work at a nursing home I am around this a lot and I mentioned one person dieing and he got very upset. He does not talk about death it makes him extremely depressed and he completely stops talking. I don't know how to explain it, I just know its not a normal reaction.
He goes through certian periods of "obsessions?" He was obsessed with fighting and being in UFC one day. About 6 months later he completely dropped the subject and moved onto music. He would write raps and basically wanted to be the next lil wayne...All he did was listen to music. About 6 months later he stopped and now only listens to country music but only listens to music in the car. He then became obsessed with making money.. I dont know how to eplain it. I'm not complaining about this one he saved $10,000 lol... but he would just always talk about ways to make money. That also completly stopped. Then tattoos. went from 0 to sleaves, back, chest stomach neck and leg tattoos all in about one year(that is a lot for 1 year) Currently he is obsessed with lifting weights and fitness. After going to work for 8 hrs he comes home and works out for 3 hours EVERYDAY. This has been going on for a year. I wouldn't point these things out if they weren't in my opinion considered obsessions. I don't know if these relate to asperger but he never talked to anyone about any of those things I just kind of observed them...he wouldn't say hey im going to get a tattoo he would just go get one and it is just strange. His family calls him a hermit because he doesn't ever want to go out and party or do anything like a 21 year old usually does. We go to partys every once in a while but he doesn't talk to anybody if someone comes and talks to him he usually just says things like oh ya. he doesn't initiat the convorsation.... I have A LOT more but I feel like this is to long. Please help me and him.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a full time mom of four and a part time pediatric dietitian at a local health department. I love my children - they are all awesome people. My ol...More

Helpful Tips

ipods for autism
I am an autism specific teacher and this year have made huge language strides using ipods. Check out this video about my students. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.