Skip to content
How to get your Medical Provider to sign the paperwork for a handicap placard when you are an adult with autism(aspergers syndrome)
aspie17 posted:
My Medical Provider has said that even though I am in my 40's due to my Autism(Aspergers Syndrome) I have the actions & reactions of a 17 year old instead of someone in their 40's,etc. . I recently went to my Medical Provider for some other health issues related to my Autism(Aspergers Syndrome) & while I was there I decided due to my Autism(Aspergers Syndrome) that I would have my Medical Provider(Doctor) sign the NCDMV Form for me to get a handicap placard as sometimes it is hard for me to walk around in a grocery store after walking on concerate floors(carpet covers the concreate) at work & sometimes due to my Autism(Aspergers Syndrome) I can be walking normal & all of a sudden almost trip over my own feet(so to speak) & so I presented these facts to my Medical Provider(Doctor) & he refused to sign the handicap placard paperwork due to the fact that I am able to walk,etc. & I am thinking about totally changing Medical Providers(Doctors) over this as I have to drive at least 30 minutes or more each way back & forth to the doctor now. I am also thinking about sending an email to someone in goverement about maybe adding Autism(All Levels of Autism) to the handicap placard form.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My son and I have Asperger's. My goal is to share our gifts from this, rather than being discouraged about how we "don't fit in".

Helpful Tips

A REAL DEATH SPELL CASTER IS HERE AT LAST
THIS GREAT DEATH SPELL CASTER HAS PROVEN TO ME THAT ONLINE DEATH SPELL CASTING IS REAL. THIS GREAT MAN HELPED ME CAST A DEATH SPELL ON THE ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful