Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
older 3 yr old going to develpmental team...
nicky1982 posted:
Hello everyone,

I don't know where to really start. My son is 3 and will be 4 in two months. He is usually a happy kid. He has always had eating issues since we stopped the baby food. He is currently in the 6 week feeding clinic for the second time. The psychologist is starting to get concerned about his behavior with the way he has to have his food given and what he will and will not eat.

He has really bad temper tantrums if he isn't given what he wants and it has to be made a certain way. The tantrums will also happen if he isn't warned about transitioning from one thing to another. Well, the therapist said that his behavior is not normal and that this is a huge "red flag". So she wants to meet with me to see if there are other things that need to be discussed. Then she said she wants me to take him to the developmental team to be evaluated.

My son has the tantrums, drools, has been getting speech since he has been almost 2 yrs old, and also OT for the feeding issues. He doesn't really have any eye contact, he is loving and loves to play with mommy and daddy. I'm not really sure how he interacts with children his own age because he doesn't really have any interaction with them. The couple of times that I have seen him, he just stands there and doesn't interact much.

I don't know what this all means. I am kinda hoping that it doesn't mean anything. What do you all think?

Spotlight: Member Stories

i have a now 5yr old daughter that was just classified with autism from the ARD comity. when she was in pre-k she was tested and they said she had a s...More

Helpful Tips

weight compression vests for calming child
check out site www.autisticvest.com a full 4 pounds of weight in secure pockets sleek vest looks and feels like clothing. "No boxey" ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.