Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to forum-husband aspie
danielleisdone posted:
I've been married 21 years and always felt something was wrong. It has taken a couple of years, but now I know my husband has Aspergers syndrome. It has been an interesting journey finding out.

I don't know how anyone can live like this and be happy. He has no empathy and is very self-centered and unable to understand what it means to be in a relationship. It has ruined my life. I agree with people that say get out. It won't be easy but it feels like death continuing on hear. I literally live on the lower level of our home, drive the junkier car, have less money, work 3 jobs, spend less, wait around, have the drawers on the bottom of the dresser; I've allowed him to treat me like a second class citizen.

He won't share his paycheck and no matter how much I explain that it is household income he cannot comprehend it. Occasionally he puts a twenty dollar bill on my dresser (like today) because I got upset that he ate out 3 times this weekend and basically spend the income I made on job #3. I am 57 and trying to catch up on my retirement savings and he literally eats all the profits. He is rather large and buys only groceries he likes and gladly gobbles up what I buy with my own money to fix for myself!!

Should I go on? I could.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Daniel. I'm named after my daddy. I was born on august 12th 2006. I am a very Happy, Energetic little Boy. At the age of 18months I was...More

Helpful Tips

Just Wondering
For 6 years it was assumed that my daughter had ADD, however none of the meds. ever worked that well. She is now 13 and after some research ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.