Skip to content
Severe Sensory
dan23241921 posted:
I have a 11 year old son that is severe sensory to food taste, smells and texture only eats pepperoni pizza, pasta with no sauces or butter just plain, chicken nuggets, fries, and a few other things. How can I make him overcome his eating sensory I would like him to try other foods and eat healthy

francess84 responded:
I'd like to know the answer to this too. The professionals have not been very helpful yet. My daughter of 3 is similar with perhaps a bigger range of foods but only bad foods and snack goods. She won't touch dinner unless it's fast food. I keep offering and she keeps going to bed hungry. She'll eat any biscuit, cheese, yoghurt, apple is the only fruit, no vegetables, occasionally plain rice, sometimes pasta, dried sugary fruit cubes, lollies and chips of course, sometimes chicken nuggets and muesli bars. Does hot chocolate count?

At least mine is getting plenty calcium but I'm not happy. Good luck with your son and I hope someone can helpus

dan23241921 replied to francess84's response:
Good luck to you as well, it can be very frustrating he will not touch any of the school lunches he will eat the pizza lunchables every day and I feel bad I wish he would eat some fruits

Spotlight: Member Stories

Iam living alone with a husband with aspergers, it is hell. He wont accept he has it have been here 30 years but cant cary on i am so alone. He makes...More

Helpful Tips

HOW TO GET YOUR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMs SOLVED IN 2 DAYS
My names are Mrs. Amanda Martinez from Houston, taxes.i never believed in love spells or magic until I met this spell caster once. when I ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.